This month in the news.
- European Parliament rejects ACTA. 478 MEPs vote against the agreement, 39 in favour, and 165 abstain. You can find the timeline of ACTA here.
- Reports emerge that the EU is trying to adopt ACTA provisions via the EU-Canada Trade Agreement (CETA).
- Public support for the Europe 2020 strategy remains strong, shows a new Eurobarometer survey. The strategy, among other, foresees the strengthening of ultra fast internet in the EU and an economy that uses less natural resources and emits less grenhouse gas.
- Croatia is a major test site for the eCall emergency system that will enable cars to automatically dial emergency services in case of serious accidents.
Latest posts by Aphaia (see all)
- Monthly roundup, November 2015: Net Neutrality and personal data online - November 30, 2015
- Monthly roundup, October 2015: from Uber to law and funding for startups - November 2, 2015
- Monthly roundup, September 2015: not to miss privacy workshop for startups - September 25, 2015