This month in the news:
- Don’t forget: come next week, mobile roaming charges will once again be lowered across the EU.
- Read how the EU is implementing digital technologies to tackle the challenges of living in Europe, among them better healthcare, independent living for the elderly, delivering effective public services, energy saving, smart transport, secure internet, inclusion and preservation of cultural heritage.
- We told you about it and here it is – eCall, the automated emergency call for road accidents will be mandatory in all new cars in the EU from October 2015.
- Talking on a cell-phone while driving found to be a ‘moderate risk’ to driver attention.
- PRISM spying scandal: the American National Security Agency and the FBI were found to be tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign targets.
- In June we celebrated UNEP World Environment Day, this year organised under the theme Think.Eat.Save, an anti-food waste and food loss campaign.
Read this article in Slovene